Re: stretch with bullseye kernel?

On Wed, 2022-05-04 at 00:44 +0300, IL Ka wrote:
> Linux kernel is backward compatible. Linus calls it "we do not break
> userspace".
> That means _old_  applications should work on new kernel

There's also the issue of what config options the kernel is built with.
I'm sure there's been at least one time in the past where for a new
Debian release they've had to enable a kernel feature that the new
systemd (or udev?) wanted. But again, a case like that would stop a new
Debian working on and old kernel, not the other way around as the OP is
intending. I don't expect the Debian kernel maintainers would _remove_
kernel config options needed in a prior release.

--
Tixy