Re: configure archive.debian.org installation source from NET installer cmdline?

On Sat, Apr 09, 2022 at 05:08:50PM -0400, Felix Miata wrote:
> https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch05s03.en.html doesn't seem to show
> the possibility exists. Is it not possible? What doc explains?
>
> The problem: I want to install on a K6/2. The newest installation kernel that
> doesn't require cmov that K6/2 doesn't have is Wheezy. When I boot the Wheezy
> installation kernel and initrd from Grub, selection of installation source omits
> archive.debian.org as a selection, which is apparently the only place Wheezy can
> be found any more. Is there a country that can be selected where
> archive.debian.org will be selectable? USA, UK & Germany don't seem to offer it.
> --
> Evolution as taught in public schools is, like religion,
> 	based on faith, not based on science.
>
>  Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409 ** a11y rocks!
>
> Felix Miata

Hi Felix,

YOu could try expert mode and select your own mirror. The other alternative would be to
use a CD or DVD to install - so that you don't need to start with a network mirror.

http://archive.debian.org/debian/dists/wheezy/

might work.

With every good wish, as ever,

Andy Cater