Re: just saying

On Fri, Nov 25, 2022 at 00:01, Mario Marietto <marietto2008@gmail.com> wrote:
For most users it makes no real difference using closed or open source code,because yes,they can look inside the code,but to understand what the code does they need a master degree. So,for all these users,maybe it's a better idea to use the closed source OS,at least they will be able to use the OS in a more functional way. For sure someone else will work to find the backdoors,but again : a newbie will not be able to understand if a backdoor has been found or if their os is patched. They can only trust what the programmers say. At this point a psychological attitude is needed to gain the real advantage of the open source code : to believe in the good faith of the "good" programmers,but ehy,even this can be hard for someone.

I use Debian, with LaTeX to supply templates for all my communication needs, a good email programme in Geary which isn't any more than it needs to be, a couple of browsers in Firefox and Falkon, and Gnumeric and Calligra Words in case somebody who isn't au fait with the situation sends me a Windows doc or Excel file.
In other words, I operate the OS in `a fully functional' way and haven't needed any other OS since I switched when XP first came out, over two decades ago.
I couldn't read a line of C to save myself.
Perhaps you are missing something?
Cheers!