Re: general squawk about unattended-upgrade

On 11/16/22 13:55, gene heskett wrote:
On 11/16/22 14:17, Charles Curley wrote:
On Wed, 16 Nov 2022 13:03:20 -0500
gene heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:

Please relay to the devs that this utility is dangerous, and needs the
ability to scan the system for stuff that cannot be interrupted, and
exit quietly if it finds one of the un-interruptables running.

Did you have Unattended-Upgrade::Automatic-Reboot set to true? If so,
set it to false. Similarly
Unattended-Upgrade::Automatic-Reboot-WithUsers.

You can file a bug report yourself.

You could also write a wrapper for octoprint which disables
unattended-upgrades, runs octopprint, then enables unattended-upgrades.

With my luck and systemd doing as it DW pleases, what guarantee do I have that systemd won't re-enable it?  At one point long ago WE were masters of our machines, now Leonard thinks he is master of all & WE don't count or care.

Take care and stay well.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.

You could change over to Devuan which is Debian without systemd.

Best regards,
Fred