Re: gpg says no user ID

Am 14.11.2022 um 23:17 schrieb Thomas George:
> I am still trying to do a fully verified installation of debian-11.5.0.
>
> gpg --verify SHA512SUMS.sign SHA512SUMS responded with DF98...BE9B
>
> gpg --recv-keys DF98...BE9B responded key DF98...BE9B: new key but
> contains no user ID - skipped.
>
> Another source suggested gpg --key-server keyring.debian.org --recv-keys
> long numeric key
>
> but this responded invalid option --key-server
>
> The gpg man page is beyond me, I need help

Hi,
i just experienced the same problem, same difficulty understanding the
man pages. Googling suggested to try a different keyserver.
I had to try several ... until i found one, that succeeded.
Apparently, the cause was found to be in the rules in place at the
servers. Some do no longer allow connections from sources without
self-signed pubkeys. But just adding the corresponding switch did not
help either. i had to find a server with an older config in place (like
ubuntu's).