Re: t-bird screwing up

On Sun 30 Oct 2022 at 12:15:38 (-0700), Fred wrote:
> On 10/30/22 07:54, gene heskett wrote:
> >
> > One or maybe more of my t-bird msg filters has gotten the path to
> > move a msg to local folders/name
> > has somehow gotten contaminated with a "nobody" user in the path,
> > which of course does not exist,
> > so apparently that filter is sending msgs from a good friend to
> > /dev/null.  This is not at all nice.
> >
> > How to fix, I can't find it in any of the config options.
> >
> > Thanks all for any help. In the meantime I'll nuke the malformed filter

Would it not be better to move it, and examine it at leisure.

> I am having trouble with T-bird also (102.3.0 32 bit).  The address
> book is no longer on the normal message page but is now under tools.
> However, it does not scroll.  Furthermore the hiding scroll bar on
> T-bird and Firefox is really annoying.  Something that isn't broken
> should not be "fixed".

I don't use Tbird. In FF, have you tried Alt-E, N, scroll down, and
check the box: Always show scrollbars. (That's Edit→Preferences.)

(The one annoyance with hiding scrollbars is when googling images:
the right-hand panel's scrollbar gets hidden under the main one's.)

Cheers,
David.