Re: Remove Network Manager panel icon in Mate 1.24.1 Desktop

On 25/10/2022 15:50, jeremy ardley wrote:

My only problem now is the annoying NetworkManager icon in the Mate panel. I want to remove it and I have gone through various advice pages but nothing seems to work. The NetworkManager icon seems permanently wedged into the panel.

Something like /etc/xdg/autostart/nm-applet.desktop might be the reason. I am unsure though. Mate may use another GUI.