Re: how do i configure lynx browser as default browser for html

On Wed 28 Sep 2022 at 17:01:41 (+0000), jindam, vani wrote:
> > Hmm.  The documentation isn't great.
> registration is not compulsory,
> anybody can edit it, feel free to contribute.
>
> > If the OP can't figure this out on their own, it might be time for them
> > to seek help from a dedicated WPCleaner support community.  People who
> > actually know and use the application might be able to answer questions
> > about it, like "how do you configure which web browser it launches
> > when you press the XYZ button on the ABC page".
> i did ask dev & it was fixed for palemoon.
> if XYZ button contains url, so instead of
> choosing default configured package (lynx),
> but depends on the package (wpcleaner)
> config. strange...

It seems reasonable to me.

If I were using WPCleaner for what I suggested earlier,
I'd want it to open wiki pages in lynx, so that I could
check them; I'd set WPCleaner to use lynx as its browser.

As it happens, I do set up lynx as the browser that mutt
uses for reading HTML emails, mainly because of its
-localhost option. I configure mutt with its own mailcap
to do that.

However, I don't use lynx for day-to-day browsing,
so I don't want to change the /default/ BROWSER for
the entire system to anything other than FireFox.

Because you post so little information, I don't know
whether your situation is similar to mine or not.

Cheers,
David.