Re: how do i configure lynx browser as default browser for html

> So you use openbox... and what, startx?  Or some Display Manager (DM)?
i have installed debian on userland app.
trying to use or familiarise with linux.
i think i am not using any DM.

> Also, how are you launching your "default browser"?  Please be precise
> and specific.
right clicking provides box with terminal
emulator, web browser, debian, etc..
of openbox menu. clicking browser fails
with message "failed to execute child
process "x-www-browser" (no such file
or directory). my issue is not with this
message.

> Are you clicking underlined URLs in a
> terminal emulator (if so, which one)?  Clicking links in a GUI mail user
> agent (if so, which one)?  Something else?
i am trying to launch browser button
on wikipedia wpcleaner. it was working for
palemoon.

> I also find it quite strange that you're inter-mixing GUI and terminal web browsers (e.g. palemoon and lynx) and thinking
> that you can drop one of them into a configuration slot that expects the other.
so, i am mixing things.

my assumption of configuring a default
browser will not work w/o some kind of
wrapper on linux.

regards,
jindam, vani

toots: @jindam_vani@c.im
others: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jindam_vani