Re: apt-cacher internal error (died)

On 9/21/22 10:36, Darac Marjal wrote:

On 21/09/2022 14:07, Adam Weremczuk wrote:
Hi David,

There is still something wrong with my /etc/apt/sources.list

Perhaps caused by stretch reaching end of life on 30 June 2022.

Can somebody provide me with a tested list of mirrors for stretch working in Sep 2022 for apt-cacher-ng server and clients?

I've tried several different sets getting no errors from "apt update" on the server (which has internet connectivity).

Every time I repeat this list in /etc/apt/sources.list on a client replacing FQDN (e.g. deb.debian.org or security.debian.org) with my server's IP and port (192.168.100.1:3142) I get DNS errors for security mirror as below:

Err:5 http://192.168.100.1:3142/debian-security stretch/updates Release
  503  DNS error for hostname debian-security: Name or service not known. If debian-security refers to a configured cache repository, please check the corresponding configuration file.

I'm no expert in apt-cacher-ng, but the error here says that's it's trying to look up "debian-security" as a hostname. If I'm reading this page correctly, you shouldn't be changing /etc/apt/sources.list to point to apt-cacher-ng, instead, you should continue to point it to deb.debian.org or snapshot.debian.org and, instead, tell apt to use apt-cacher-ng as an HTTP proxy.

The protocol that a HTTP server and a HTTP proxy use are _slightly_ different. Instead of a client asking a server "Give me /path/to/index.html", it needs to tell the proxy "Give me /path/to/index.html from example.com". I suspect you problem comes of trying to download packages from apt-cacher-ng, rather than proxying through apt-cacher-ng.

or

503  DNS error for hostname security: No address associated with hostname.

Perhaps /etc/apt-cacher-ng/acng.conf on the server needs amending as well?

I've found a line there that reads:

Remap-debrep: file:deb_mirror*.gz /debian ; file:backends_debian # Debian Archives

Regards,
Adam