Re: question for seasoned links users?

On 2022-09-18, Karen Lewellen <klewellen@shellworld.net> wrote:
> Hi curt, others.
>
> On Sun, 18 Sep 2022, Curt wrote:
>> On 2022-09-17, Charles Curley <charlescurley@charlescurley.com> wrote:
>>> On Sat, 17 Sep 2022 11:19:51 -0400 (EDT)
>>> Karen Lewellen <klewellen@shellworld.net> wrote:
>>> Hi, Karen. It is possible that he didn't know what a screen reader is,
>>> or missed its significance. I didn't know what a screen reader is until
>>> I looked it up just now.
>>>

>> It reads the screen, doesn't it, for the visually impaired? Screen
>> reader.
>
> ahem, no.

https://www.afb.org/blindness-and-low-vision/using-technology/assistive-technology-products/screen-readers#:~:text=Screen%20readers%20are%20software%20programs,its%20applications%2C%20and%20the%20user.

I think yes, not no. Ahem, yes, but more than that, you might've said.

 Screen readers are software programs that allow blind or visually impaired
 users to read the text that is displayed on the computer screen with a speech
 synthesizer or braille display.