Re: Installing Wi-Fi card driver ( completing informations)

Mansour zermello wrote:
> Hi, I'm a new user in the Linux world especially debian, but i was interested by debian since very long time but one day I decided to install it and start to use it, i had difficulties to install it but with a lot of effort and searches i succeeded, BUT the problem where I'm stucked is the WIFI card model : Intel 8256NGW ( i don't know at all how to do ) to be honest, i really need your help I'm sure I'll can to do it if you explain to me how to do step by step and I'll transfer this knowledge to other user who is in my case.

Intel made an 8265NGW. I suspect you have a typo.

>From a terminal:

lspci | NGW

This is to make sure your computer sees the card. It should give
one line of output similar to:

29:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265NGW [Windstorm Peak]

If you don't get something close to that, it is not properly
installed.

Next is to install firmware. You need the non-free repository
enabled. Edit /etc/apt/sources.list to make sure that this line
has non-free at the end of it:

deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ bullseye main contrib non-free

Then

sudo apt update