Re: USB WiFi Adapter

On 8/23/22 20:50, Jude DaShiell wrote:
Atheros is what thinkpenguin.com uses to avoid proprietary blobs.
By law here in the USA, the power and frequency controls for an rf radiating device MUST
not be user accessible.

Hence the locked down read only blobs, which they won't work without. This is to assure that the maker of such a device is following the the rules and regulations as set by the FCC. Otherwise some hacker could design a 10 kw output device operating in the blue tooth
assigned frequencies.

Many other countries have similar laws.

Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com>
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)