Re: no JAVA_HOME in the path

On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 09:49:10AM -0400, Amn wrote:
> Thank you for your prompt response.
> Adding Java to the $PATH variable requires me to know the location where
> Java was installed, which I don't know. Is there a way to find out where
> Java was installed?

Wait. I think you are confusing two things: PATH is where your shell goes
to look for your binaries. Has *nothing* to do with java. JAVA_HOME is
where your java installation finds its things. If you are using the
java installation provided by your distribution, it shouldn't be necessary
to set it.

You only have to set it when you have an alternative java installation
which *you* have installed yourself and your distribution doesn't know
about. But then you know what you are doing and know how to set that
variable.

HTH