Re: illustration software

On Friday, August 12, 2022 05:08:00 AM lina wrote:

> I want to make a small booklet about my baby with few cartoon pictures,

> like dance octopus, a cut baby, ect.

> Is there any software I can use to have the picture as they draw in a

> children's book?

Hmm, I don't remember the name, but within the last 3 to 6 months I saw a "blurb" about a software package that uses AI (of some sort) to create graphics from verbal descriptions of what the user wanted.

Initially it was available on a very limited basis (like maybe to selected users on an experimental basis), but I (vaguely) remember something about that software now being made available to maybe something like upto 1 million users, and there was a list to sign up for access -- I believe there was a waiting list.

The sample graphics that I saw I will say looked "cartoonish" -- they were not like photorealistic images of real things.

Perhaps someone else here remembers that package or maybe a google search on something like [AI image "verbal description"] might turn something up.

Ahh, ok, I tried a search -- the software is named Dall-E (first name Salvador?), and here is some text from the google search:

<quote>

Picture This: Images Created Using Natural Language Processing

Jan 12, 2021 · ... mere verbal description.”[2] A new program introduced by OpenAI, called DALL·E, takes the adage to heart and creates images from words.

[PDF] From Visual Input to Verbal Output in the Visual Translator - CiteSeerX

images, constitutes the central goal of computer vision. With respect to a natural language access to visual data, however, the verbal description of ...

Generating Art from Neural Networks - WorldQuant

Dec 16, 2019 · What if we have no input image to start with, but only a verbal description? Let's say we have the words “a blue bird sitting on a tree ...

</quote>

Maybe it will be helpful.

--

rhk

If you reply: snip, snip, and snip again; leave attributions; avoid HTML; avoid top posting; and keep it "on list". (Oxford comma included at no charge.) If you change topics, change the Subject: line.

Writing is often meant for others to read (legal agreements excepted?) -- make it easier for your reader by various means, including liberal use of whitespace.

If someone else has already responded to a question, decide whether any response you add will be helpful or not ...

A picture is worth a thousand words -- divide by 10 for each minute of video (or audio) or create a transcript and edit it to 10% of the original.