RE: Need working repo for Deb7 - wheezy

Hi,

Aravinth kumar Anbalagan wrote:
> Received below error. Any other way to download the keys?
> [...]
> sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com $K
> [...]
> Executing: gpg --ignore-time-conflict --no-options --no-default-keyring
> --secret-keyring /tmp/tmp.3r9by2p9YX --trustdb-name /etc/apt//trustdb.gpg
> --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --primary-keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg
> --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d//debian-archive-squeeze-automatic.gpg
> --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d//debian-archive-squeeze-stable.gpg
> --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d//debian-archive-wheezy-automatic.gpg
> --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d//debian-archive-wheezy-stable.gpg
> --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com 473041FA
> gpg: requesting key 473041FA from hkp server keyserver.ubuntu.com
> gpg: keyserver timed out
> gpg: keyserver receive failed: keyserver error

(I don't want to mess with apt-key as long as apt-get is working fine here.
Call me supersticious, especially in respect to system administration.)

Not regarding for now the many gpg options used by apt-key, i'd say that
"keyserver timed out" is an indication for network problems.

Before studying man gpg i try a vanilla key download:

  $ gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 473041FA
  gpg: requesting key 473041FA from hkp server keyserver.ubuntu.com
  gpg: key 473041FA: public key "Debian Archive Automatic Signing Key (6.0/squeeze) <ftpmaster@debian.org>" imported
  gpg: no ultimately trusted keys found
  gpg: Total number processed: 1
  gpg:               imported: 1  (RSA: 1)

So the server looks reachable from here and delivers some Debian related key.
What do you get from this simple gpg run ?

----------

I guess there are other ways to download the keys from Debian directly,
and to let apt-key take them. In
  https://manpages.debian.org/wheezy/apt/apt-key.8.en.html
i see:

   add filename
      Add a new key to the list of trusted keys. The key is read from the
      filename given with the parameter filename or if the filename is -
      from standard input.

   update
      Update the local keyring with the archive keyring and remove from
      the local keyring the archive keys which are no longer valid. The
      archive keyring is shipped in the archive-keyring package of your
      distribution, e.g. the debian-archive-keyring package in Debian.

(I get to the impression that those here who better understand apt-* don't
want to be accessory to the crime of running Debian 7. So only ruthless
amateurs like me consider to look for solutions.
But let me add for consideration that qualified help could shorten the
public pain caused by watching this endeavor.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas