Re: No HDMI Audio

   Just caught the tail end of this and thought I'd add in my $0,02 worth of
experience.

   Using the latest Debian stable with KDE I had my PCMCIA sound come up
"silent." Toying with KDE's controls and changing the sound driver and output
(a confusing thing because there are multiple locations/widgets to do this)
would fix the problem.

   At the same time the video (again, PCMCIA) would intermittently "blink"
hinting at a driver issue.

   But sometime an apt-get update (or a reboot?) somehow seemed to fix things
-- it no longer experiences those problems.

--
"A king who does not protect the environment does not deserve to be called
king." -- Chinese philosopher and politician Guan Zhong 700 B.C.