Disable systemd script just by removing execute permission?

Long story short, my laptop behaves erratically resuming from suspend.

I'm trying to find the culprit and I'm trying to narrow it down to this script:

$ cat  /usr/lib/systemd/system-sleep/tlp
#!/bin/sh

# tlp - systemd suspend/resume hook
#
# Copyright (c) 2022 Thomas Koch <linrunner at gmx.net> and others.
# This software is licensed under the GPL v2 or later.

case $1 in
    pre)  tlp suspend ;;
    post) tlp resume  ;;
esac

I don't want to uninstall tlp altogether, so I have removed execute permission from this script:

$ ls -l /usr/lib/systemd/system-sleep/tlp
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 239 Feb  3 15:04 /usr/lib/systemd/system-sleep/tlp

Is this enough, or do I have to remove it altogether from /usr/lib/systemd/system-sleep/ ?

--
Ottavio Caruso