Re: CVE Applicability Inquiry

On 29/06/2022 15:30, Griffin Weikel wrote:
Good Afternoon,

I’m writing to inquire about the applicability of a couple CVEs to the Bullseye release. The two CVEs below are popping in our Prisma scans as vulnerable, however I noticed on the Debian site that Bullseye isn’t listed. This seemed to deviate from the majority of CVEs we’re reviewing. Are you able to confirm that if a CVE page doesn’t list a release in the tracker that we’re to assume the release isn’t vulnerable?

https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2022-24675 https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2022-28327

If you search for the golang packages (https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=golang-1.17 , and also for -1.18) you'll see that they weren't included in bullseye. (Only as backports, but these aren't included in the regular security support.)

--
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br