Re: SSD Optimization and tweaks - Looking for tips/recomendations

On 6/28/22 19:30, David Wright wrote:
On Tue 28 Jun 2022 at 14:17:36 (-0400), Michael Stone wrote:
On Tue, Jun 28, 2022 at 02:25:36PM -0300, Marcelo Laia wrote:
4. Any other recommendations to improve the performance and lifespan of this disk?
don't worry about it; accept the defaults and you'll be fine
I don't remember there being a default for overprovisioning
besides the so-called inherent 7%. Any recommendations?

Cheers,
David.
I've had no further card losses in my rpi since moving to a 64 gig u-sd for its boot, despite the fact that around a 100 megs a day gets over-written in keeping up with the development branch of linuxcnc's master git repo. My basic theory is that if the card has enough room to do its thing the card will last quite some time, It nearly 5 years old now. Whats on it is around 13G, and if I was still running from a 16G, I would probably have destroyed 2 a year with that amount of traffic in what would have to be considered cramped space.  Give an SSD room to
do its thing and you'll be thanked.

.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)