Re: Weird setxkbmap behavior

Also, forgot to mention: I'm using debian unstable with just a window manager (no desktop environment).

Jun 28, 2022, 21:21 by niculaionut@tutanota.com:
I have the following problem since yesterday:

When I switch the layout of the keyboard to Romanian with `setxkbmap ro -variant std` and then switch the window to another X client (for example - the browser or Libreoffice), the layouts gets globally reset to US.

For some programs, like the terminal, the layout changes immediately when I use the `setxkbmap` command and it remains constant if I don't switch the window. For others, like Libreoffice, I have to switch back and forth several times between US and Romanian layouts in order to actually get the Romanian layout active.

Demo (using german layout as an example, pressing two keys repeatedly before and after switching the client window): https://0x0.st/oSgU.mp4

Also, I've detalied some other things here in this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/debian/comments/vmjhk4/keyobard_language_keeps_changing/