Re: Digikam busted on bullseye.

On 6/26/22 15:40, Brian wrote:
On Sun 26 Jun 2022 at 15:13:35 -0400, gene heskett wrote:

Greetings all;

I've run out of patience with digikams inability to see existing
albums, or to create a new one. That is disabling its importing
from the camera, making me take the card out and put it in a
reader.

Questions to this list have not been helpful.
You said it :)! How about the answers?
They were from folks who obviously were not digikam users, so not all
that helpful. suggesting script based solutions. They meant well but did
not actually address the problem.

One item of note, there's very little I can run from a console that doesn't
log these two errors:
tk-Message: 17:10:28.754: Failed to load module "window-decorations-gtk-module"
Gtk-Message: 17:10:28.754: Failed to load module "colorreload-gtk-module"

but goes ahead and runs ok anyway. Searching for them in synaptic isn't fruitfull. But I  have the feeling that fixing that will not  fix digikam. The error it spits out on a console is pointing at the old install on /media/sda5 which I can't find a way to  redirect to the present copy of that dir but on my /home raid10, which not mounted in this boot because both are links to this raid10. Or something like that, but ALL the album related buttons are ghosted, inactive, so no way to make a new album exists.
What mailing list do I complain on?
https://www.digikam.org/support/

But you do not neend to moan or complain. Act out of character
and request help in a reasonable way :).
At my age, that would indeed be out of character.  I subbed to their list above  so we'll
see what that might provide.

Thank you.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)