Re: I *think* I found the apache2 docs, but it's in .html and Icannot get firefox to access it using "file:"+ /path/to/filedir

On 6/21/22 12:26, Will Mengarini wrote:
* gene heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> [22-06/21=Tu 11:55 -0400]:
[Apache2 docs are in .html & Firefox won't access it using "file:"+
/path/to/filedir, so] how am I supposed to read these installed docs?
Firefox disables file: URLs by default now, but you can enable them.

I found instructions by Googling 'firefox file: URLs'; the first hit
looked good.  The nuance is that you have to be able to find your
profile folder, which has a weird randomized name.  Links:

https://blog.scottlowe.org/2020/04/04/making-file-urls-work-again-in-firefox/
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Firefox

Let us know if the instructions you Google up are insufficient.
I got that working with Andy's help.
There are FIVE boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
search, soap, ballot, jury, and ammo.
Yeah, but in case you've not noticed, all the boxes up to the last have
had little effect recently. Scary. I don't know what good adding the
search is as its flltered to make sure it's PC according to TPTB. Free speech?
Is history...

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis