Re: issue with purging an old kernel

On Mon, 20 Jun 2022 08:58:55 -0600
"D. R. Evans" <doc.evans@gmail.com> wrote:

> So it seems reasonable to remove /lib/modules/5.10.0-11-amd64/misc/
> manually and re-execute the purge command.

Yes, go ahead and do so.

> But before I try that, I'm puzzled as to how this situation could
> have arisen. Has anyone else seen this happen, and does anyone have a
> reasonable suggestion as to how it could have occurred?

I've seen similar before. The only two reasons for this I can think of
are:

1) Something other than the kernel package put something into that
   directory tree.

2) The kernel package put something in there but didn't remove it
   first.

But I'm no expert on Debian packaging.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?