Re: digikam import fails

On 2022-06-16 20:19, gene heskett wrote:

The shell I ran digikam from is reporting screens full of
missing this and that despite the installation of digikam
pulling in:
 0 upgraded, 261 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 273 MB of archives.
After this operation, 726 MB of additional disk space will be used.

Then when I run it, there are hundred of missing that and than lines
spit out in the shell I launched it from.

try gphoto2 ?
if camera is on list
http://gphoto.org/proj/libgphoto2/support.php
should you not be able to mount it as a filesystem ?
I like geeqie for viewing images.

mick