Re: Screen power save in console mode

On Mon 13 Jun 2022 at 10:14:36 (-0400), Felix Miata wrote:
> Jeremy Ardley composed on 2022-06-13 15:49 (UTC+0800):
>
> > I have a Debain (Armbian) server that does not boot to any form of
> > window manager, so what is seen on the screen is just the command console.
>
> > What I would like  to do is have the console screen go into screen power
> > save mode after some period and recover when keyboard or mouse are used.
>
> > Is there a simple way to configure that?
>
> consoleblank= in /etc/default/grub's GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=.
> https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/admin-guide/kernel-parameters.txt

There are also Linux Console Private CSI Sequences
documented in   man 4 console_codes   that include:

       ESC [ 9 ; n ]       Set screen blank timeout to n minutes.
       ESC [ 13 ]          Unblank the screen.
       ESC [ 14 ; n ]      Set the VESA powerdown interval in minutes.

So, for example, I added \e[9;16] to the beginning of /etc/issue
when it became apparent that Linux wasn't blanking the console
any more. I think it was buster, but could have been stretch.
I wouldn't notice if bullseye still doesn't. Don't quote me on
the version.

Cheers,
David.