Re: perms

On 2022-06-13 19:11, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
Hi Gene,

For CUPS - you can use lpadmin from a terminal as a command line.

Open a konsole terminal, su - inside it, then use lpadmin

Just looking to see if I could remember how to add a cups printer noticed that I am in lpadmin group in /etc/group which might be why I look to be able to login as me in cups webpage "add printer".

colours would likely be the colours of the shell and the editor rather than the terminal. I think I did this "select-editor" in mc and was presented with a choice.
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/80845/how-to-set-default-editor-viewer-for-midnight-commander-to-sublime
maybe there are things to do in [colors] section of
~/.config/mc/ini

mick