Re: regarding firewall discussion

mick crane wrote:

> regarding firewall discussion I'm uncertain how firewalls
> are supposed to work. I think the idea is that nothing is
> accepted unless it is in response to a request. What's to
> stop some spurious instructions being sent in response to
> genuine request?

Firewalls can have whitelists, blocklists, employ various
algorithms to determine what should pass and what should not
based on characteristics of the material but also factors such
as time, recent activity and so on - you can think of a lot of
things to do and try ...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal