Re: declarative (config file) way idea of handling the OS by way of the old system

Emanuel Berg wrote:

> Have a look at this blog post and program:
>
>   Managing OpenBSD installed packages declaratively
>   https://dataswamp.org/~solene/2022-05-05-openbsd-declarative-packages-with-pkgset.html
[...]
> Anyone has that for Debian and Debian-like systems?

I have half of that, sort of.  A static file has 1 package name per
line, and each line has a usage tag like "base", "dev", or
"emacs-build", and distro tags, like "deb10" or "f25".  I run a script,
telling it the usage and distro, and it spits out a list of packages.  I
usually redirect the list to a file, review and maybe edit it, and do
something like "apt install $(cat tmp/pkgs)".

I don't have the half that deletes unwanted packages, but that's not
functionality I feel a need for.

regards,
mike