Re: Debian desktop environment

On Sat, May 28, 2022, 11:08 AM Cindy Sue Causey <butterflybytes@gmail.com> wrote:
On 5/28/22, Thomas Schmitt <scdbackup@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Brian wrote:
>> > Careful! If you go on like this you will end up installing bullseye :).
>
> Keith Bainbridge wrote:
>> Bookworm?
>> SID?
>
> In any case: Not Testing !
>
> Currently a zillion of packages get marked for autoremovial from Testing
> because of
>   https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1011268

Yeehaw to that! About 3 mornings ago, I woke up to 71 emails
containing the "marked for autoremoval" advisement. All appear to be
tied to accessibility (A11Y). Have mercy, it's all the bigger chat
topics: edbrowse, espeakup, fenrir, *orca*. I've NEVER seen that
quantity before and especially not those packages, but that's likely
just because of which lists I follow.

So *that* is what all those emails were about.

I had to use Bullseye as Testing for, over a month, due to the level of the qemu package (as Buster's was lower than Mint).  I am *sure* glad I didn't try that with Bookworm!  (Yes, I had a major issue with Mint 20 and won't use Mint anymore).

Cindy :)
* runs with birdseed *