Re: setting path for root after "sudo su" and "sudo" for Debian Bullseye (11)

On Fri, 2022-05-20 at 18:44 +0100, Brian wrote:
> On Thu 19 May 2022 at 20:24:50 -0400, Kenneth Parker wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > Note, Debian (at least in the Expert Installation Mode) lets me set a Root
> > Password.   Ubuntu doesn't, so one of my early actions after the Install is
> > to enter "sudo su -" and, on the resulting Root Shell, type "passwd root".
>
> Depends on whta you mean by "Ubuntu". Its mini.iso offers settong a root
> password. I wonder whether the regular ISO can be preseeded?

Don't think the mini.iso exists any more. I recently needed to install
Ubuntu and the only options I could find where the full Gnome GUI or
the Server install. I went for the latter with the extra crud that
pulls in because I wanted to start from as minimal install as I could
before adding the things I needed.

--
Tixy