sane-backend for Epson EcoTank ET-2711

Hello everybody,

I'm using an Epson EcoTank ET-2711. Printing with CUPS is no problem,
but scanning with sane.

According to

http://www.sane-project.org/lists/sane-backends-cvs.html#S-EPSONDS

the Epson EcoTank ET-2711 (vendor=0x04b8, product=0x1143) is completely
supported by the sane-backend epsonds.

I've installed sane-utils and sane-find-scanner prints:

> found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8, product=0x1143) at libusb:001:006

The file /etc/sane.d/dll.conf contains a line with 'epsonds' and the
file /etc/sane.d/epsonds.conf contains the following line:

> usb 0x04b8 0x1143

But the command 'scanimage -L' gives the following output:

>No scanners were identified. If you were expecting something different,
>check that the scanner is plugged in, turned on and detected by the
>sane-find-scanner tool (if appropriate). Please read the documentation
>which came with this software (README, FAQ, manpages).

My guess is: none of the installed backends (Debian 10.12) handles the
ET-2711. What can I do?

Dieter