Re: Recommendations for a home server running Debian Bullseye (11)?

On Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 11:07 Andrew M.A. Cater <amacater@einval.com> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 10:25:46AM -0500, Tom Browder wrote:
> I am looking for a commercial grade server (for home use) to replace my
> remote ones.

The HP Microserver is the same sort of beast: HPE Proliant Microserver
Gen 10 Plus is about the size of a bookshelf speaker by the looks.

HPE's own drives are relatively expensive. This is effectively a fit and
forget solution, I think. Drives aren't hot swap but if you're going to use
SSD anyway, that doesn't matter.

The ILO card is a little bit more.

Thanks, Andy.

And to all others, thanks for your advice.

I'm now 78 and don't do serious building any more--I stand a good chance of frying a CPU! And I wouldn't trust any of my friends, either ;-D

Best,

-Tom