Re: email lacks sender address

On Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 09:18:45AM -0500, David Wright wrote:
> On Mon 25 Apr 2022 at 12:04:55 (-0000), Curt wrote:
> > I thought 'set use_envelope_from' took a boolean value (yes or no).
>
> Good proofreading, thanks. The fact that this mistake did not
> produce an error message may be down to the other problem:
> mutt's configuration file is not called ~./muttrc/muttrc, but
> either ~./muttrc or  ~./mutt/muttrc (I'm not qualified to
> comment on the next possibility, $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/mutt/muttrc,
> which might have something to do with DEs).

According to <https://specifications.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-latest.html>:

  $XDG_CONFIG_HOME defines the base directory relative to which
  user-specific configuration files should be stored. If $XDG_CONFIG_HOME
  is either not set or empty, a default equal to $HOME/.config should
  be used.

That would make it ~/.config/mutt/muttrc unless that environment variable
is set (which it never is in any sensible setup).

So, either the OP has placed the wrong lines in the wrong file, or they
have misrepresented their setup.