Re: Out of memory killer misconfigured?

On 20/04/2022 11:28, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 05:53:20PM +0100, piorunz wrote:
Well, nowadays oom killer is not so picky. It just kills (almost)
EVERYTHING and then offending memory hungry process as a last,
destroying entire work session.

You are extrapolating from your single experience to make a
generalisation that might not be true.

Sorry but this happened to me a few times, each tome with the same Wine
program. it just loves to eat all available memory when its doing heavy
computations. When I am not careful and I start too many threads, is
eats all memory. My system gets killed every single time. I am not
extrapolating anything. Misbehaving app should get killed, but instead,
Linux kills itself.

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀