Re: Debian "Bookworm" Installation

On 4/13/22 16:07, Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:
Hello All,

I've just attempted to Install "Bookworm" to a USB stick and it went mostly to plan, apart from the fact that it won't boot. However that's not the issue at hand: I can't find a way to persuade  the installer's partitioner to use GPT instead of the MS-DOS partitioning scheme.

Anyone with thoughts (Brian?) about this?

Best wishes.

Peter HB

I use the d-i at the simplest level I can (e.g. text "Install" mode from the main menu). From what I have observed, d-i detects if the host is using BIOS or UEFI, and chooses MBR or GPT partitioning accordingly. Assume the host firmware can operate as UEFI, I would use the CMOS Setup program to set the host firmware to UEFI and then boot d-i.

David