Re: CUPS - how to match autodetected printers to physical ones

On Fri, Apr 08, 2022 at 08:28:31PM +0200, didier gaumet wrote:
> CLI:
>
> # avahi-browse -r _print-caps._tcp
> (from the avahi-utils package)

I tried this with and without the -r (which according to the man page
asks to "resolve services", but it doesn't say what kind of resolution
it's doing).

In both cases, after waiting a few minutes and seeing no output, I
simply terminated the process.  I don't know what it's doing, or why
it takes so long, but I'm afraid that if it happens to be generating a
packet storm, I might get in trouble.