Strange .desktop file for KRename

Hi list,

I just installed KRename to be able to mass rename files in KDE. However, I noticed that if I try to start it from the KDE menu, nothing happens (while it works properly when right clicking on files).

The .desktop file (/usr/share/applications/org.kde.krename.desktop) contains the following line:

  Exec=krename -qwindowtitle "%c" %i %U

Why is this `Exec` line is so complicated? Aren't those `%something` intended as parameters when called from file managers (like defined in /usr/share/kservices5/ServiceMenus/krename_all_nonrec.desktop)?