Re: Dangerous installation of bullseye: What shall i do next?

Hey, excellent!

much to my liking, you are coming up with most of the things, i already
do. But never stop improving on them ...

Yes, i use VCS, in my case git. Yes, i use SSD, in my case nvme, yes, i
use SSH (even from a vm to the host), in order to create a simulation of
it for experimentation. (undocumented, but very handy). BTW: That is one
of the reasons to upgrade, bcoz virtualbox is no longer maintained
proper on buster.
Of course, i use snapshots and zfs-auto-snapshot and many services on
top of it. I even do keep images of the OS in the pool for reference,
history or for having the option to rollback to it.

Ok, the thing with the UIDs is going to be useful, as i maintain those
manually uptil now.

The only step, i am refusing to take is the replacing of SSD's (I
couldnt do that on my own and would require assistance always.) Thus i
prefer to multi-boot, which is fine, as long, as you know, what you are
doing and keep most of its config static, which i do.
Also, i did avoid SMR since years, and i have no need for samba at all.
Everything is local (or local to a vm). I was using a fast SSD for ZFS,
but theat one got consumed due to all the IO from the cache device. Now,
i opted for large enough RAM, which gives even better performance.

As you can see, we are almost on the same page, and i might add: i am
enjoying that a lot!