Thunderbird security

Hi all,

I would like to collect, from this thread, your experience and opinion about Mozilla Thunderbird, in term of security.

I am registered on The Debian security list, and I see a lot of CVE coming, some of them with a high score, mentioning execution of arbitrary code or information disclosure.

Most of them seems pretty severe to me, and I am now running Thunderbird in firejail. However, I wonder if such vulnerability would allow a remote attacker to send an email, and get, for instance, the credentials stored in Thunderbird, with or without master password.

This seem habitual to me, compared to other mail clients in Debian, like evolution / claws, etc...

In term of security, Which email clients, or which practices, you would recommend to me ?

Thanks for your understanding and advice, but please, I don't want to start a troll.

--
𝓐𝓡 - 𝐴𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒 𝑅𝑜𝑑𝑖𝑒𝑟