Re: LVM activation on boot hangs after crossgrade

It seems that the command /sbin/lvm pvscan --cache --activate ay 9:0 from the Systemd unit lvm2-pvscan@9:0.service is hanging and blocks all subsequent lvm activities.

Am Fr., 25. März 2022 um 20:40 Uhr schrieb Reiner Buehl <reiner.buehl@gmail.com>:
Hi all,

I am crossgrading my Debian Buster system from i386 to amd64 following the guide from the Debian Wiki (https://wiki.debian.org/CrossGrading). After the apt full-upgrade I rebooted but now my LVM volumes are not activated again.
The LVM event activation by systemd times out after 90s. I can boot the system if I comment out the filesystem that is on LVM (I only have one vg with one logical volume) but I would like to get that one back.
The system creates lock files P_global and V_vg_data in /var/lock/lvm which prevent a manual activation. Tools like vgscan or vgdisplay hang because they can't get the lock.

What can I do to resolve this?

Best regards,
Reiner