postscreen spamassassin haproxy multi-homed server

Does anybody have a working example of postfix with postscreen and spamassassin all working together?

 * In the first instance on a single homed machine.
 * Then on a multi-homed machine so stanzas are individual to each IP
   address.
 * And finally a version that also works with haproxy.

I've spent several days on this. As far as I can tell, if postscreen is used then spamassassin is silently ignored.

 -o content_filter=spamassassin

is ignored

while

 -o smtpd_tls_key_file=