Re: packages built with golang

Hello,

On Mon, Mar 14, 2022 at 12:53:21PM -0700, Cousin Stanley wrote:
>     $ apt-cache show hugo
>
>   The usual package information was returned
>   along with, in my opinion, an unsightly mess
>   entailing a long string of 88 entries
>   naming individual golang packages
>   following Built-Using:
>
>   A simple message such as the following
>   might be sufficient ....
>
>     Built-Using:  golang , golang libraries and packages

As far as I understand it this is needed because being a static
binary, the hugo package would need to be rebuilt whenever any of
the go packages it depends upon is changed.

So this information is needed for the developers and packagers, but
I suppose you could argue that it is information overload for the
casual user of "apt show".

Cheers,
Andy