Re: Errors scrolling on boot

On Sun, Mar 13, 2022 at 10:10:40PM +0000, James Allsopp wrote:
> Hi,
> I've just upgraded my system to Bullseye and run into a problem on reboot.
>
> I'm just getting an error, endlessly:
> [timestamp] Bluetooth: hci0: Reading Intel version information failed (-22)
> [timestamp] Bluetooth: hci0:
>
> There's an iwlwifi*.ucode error near the start but everything gets
> overwhelmed with the Bluetooth errors.
>
> I can't make these messages stop, and the system won't boot to a gui,
> although I can log in as root. It's very hard to use. I really need an "OK,
> I get it!" option so I can work on the machine. I've managed to stop
> Bluetooth as a service, but still get these errors on reboot. The cards are
> part of the MSI x570S motherboard, so I can't disconnect them to get a
> working system.
>
> Any ideas? I'm thinking I might have to chroot and use isenkram?
> Thanks
> James

James,

If you used the official media without firmware: add contrib and non-free
to your /etc/apt/sources.list and try and install the firmware / boot with
the unofficial non-free .iso, use this as rescue medium and install the
appropriate non-free firmware you may need.

If all else fails, give us more details of your system to help us debug
for you :)

All the very best, as ever,

Andy Cater