Re: Ukrainian language

On Sun, Mar 13, 2022 at 07:48:41AM +0100, Ihor Sovych wrote:
> Good afternoon Dear developers of my favorite DEBIAN OS.
>
> My name is Ihor Sovych, I am Ukrainian.
>
> I understand that you are very busy people, but anyway - I ask you very much
> to make the Ukrainian language in the Debian OS full-fledged.
>
> This is necessary for us Ukrainians!!! Thank you for what you do!!.
>
> --
> With kind regards, Ihor Sovych

Hello Ihor,

We have very few Ukrainian developers and so we are reliant on the efforts
of volunteers to translate documentation, the wiki site, the web site.

If you can help us to help you by finding volunteers to improve Ukrainian
language support, it would be most welcomed.

We do have various translation teams and a method of working: I am sure
that the debian-www team - the web team - could use some help.
There is no Ukrainian localisation list but there is a list discussing
localisation and translation in general.

This page may help: I can't tell how accurate it is because I don't read or
speak Ukrainian.

There is a debian-ukrainian list - it does not appear very active but
the users there may also be helpful.

https://lists.debian.org/debian-user-ukrainian/2021/04/ is the last activity
from 2021/04.

https://www.debian.org/index.uk.html is the Debian index in Ukrainian.
I notice that there are probably many pages that are not translated into
Ukrainian.

With every good wish, as ever,

Andy Cater