Re: Simple and secure blogging software for nginx

On Thu, 10 Mar 2022 22:06:34 +0100
Christian Britz <cbritz@t-online.de> wrote:

> Dear community,
>
> I am looking for recommendations for setting up a blog with nginx web
> server. What I have so far: nginx-light with static pages.
>
> What would I need to be able to host a blog? I search something as
> simple and secure as possible, there will be very low traffic. It
> should be available directly from the Debian stable repository. From
> what I understand, nginx supports php like apache, so the solutions
> are inter-changeable (if I would choose something php-based)?
>
> Thank you,
> Christian

I wrote PHP blog software for myself, which is server-agnostic. See,
for example, http://noferblatz.com which is my blog. The software is at
https://gitlab.com/paulmfoster/grotblog . Its features are:

1. You write your own entries on your local machine in HTML or markdown.
2. You upload your entries to the website via the admin interface.
3. If you know CSS and/or HTML, you may customize the look of your site
all you like.
4. Your entries are stored as text files, not in a database.
5. Should you say politically incorrect things and have someone shut
your blog down or hack it, you can reconstruct your blog rather easily
somewhere else.
6. You can easily add "static" pages, like your resume.

More detail on the Gitlab page. It's not for everyone, but if you find
it useful, let me know.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster