Re: systemd user@###.service failure causing 90 sec delays during boot, login

On Mon, Feb 28, 2022 at 4:45 PM KCB Leigh <kcbl2003@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
I installed Debian 11 (Bullseye) with GNOME 3.38.5 (Wayland), LINUX kernel Linux version 5.10.0-11-amd64 (gcc-10 (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110, GNU ld 2.35.2) #1 SMP Debian 5.10.92-1 (2022-01-18) on a USB stick, and am using it with an ACER Aspire 514 laptop.

This operating system has worked excellently for months, but for the last 2 days has suddenly been taking a very long time to boot.  The cause of the delay can be seen from the syslog:

Hi -
A shot in the dark:
Make sure that name resolution is working the same now as it was before the problem.
That could include some or all of these:
Order of name resolution in the /etc/resolv.conf file.
Sources of name-service information in the /etc/nsswitch.conf file.
Loss of network contact with a responsive DNS server which makes a difference.

I would be very grateful for any information about how to resolve this (apart from re-installing the system) or even any reference that might give information about how I might resolve this problem.  (I have looked at the systemd.service man page, but although I have experience with the unix command line, I have only been using Debian since Nov. 2021 & am not familiar with its system administration, & I could find no information there about this problem.)