Re: Hibernate on a Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13: XFCE problem?

On 2/25/22, Charles Curley <charlescurley@charlescurley.com> wrote:
> The appears to not offer hibernate. Neither hibernate nor hybrid sleep
> are available in the logout menu. Calling an XFCE command to hibernate
> ("xfce4-session-logout --hibernate") does nothing. Suspend is available
> and works.

Mine's XFCE4 on Bookworm. It has hibernate, but I don't immediately
see any references to hybrid sleep. For mine, hibernate is under:

Applications (desktop menu) > Settings > Power Manager > General (tab)

Power Manager offers Suspend, Hibernate, and Shutdown combinations
that (should allegedly) take effect when Users push the power, sleep,
hibernate, and battery buttons.

Am feeling safe in assuming that "xfce4-power-manager" is the package
that provides those. That's brought in automatically when I manually
install "xfce4" and "xfce4-goodies" during each debootstrap
installation.

Regarding "xfce4-session-logout --hibernate", I haven't tried it
because I've got a large session running right now. BUT it's offered
as an option when viewing "man xfce4-session-logout".

Ooh, and you know, there's "xfce4-session-logout --hybrid-sleep" as an
option, too.

The fact that it's not working for you makes me wonder: Do you have a
screensaver installed? It wasn't too long ago that I mentioned here
that I've encountered ongoing conflicts between screensavers and power
managers.

The poverty level decision was to skip screensavers to help put a dent
in the electric bill. I miss screensavers because they're
entertaining. I also appreciate each individual's creativity that goes
into dreaming them up. Thank you, Developers! :)

Cindy :)
* runs with birdseed *