Re: Xfce4: screen visible upon resume before xscreensaver locks it

On 22/02/2022 23:12, Celejar wrote:
Hello,

I'm running Xfce4 on a recent install of Sid. I have configured Xfce4
to "Lock screen before sleep" (in Session and Startup / General), but
when I use xscreensaver, when resuming from suspend the screen is often
visible for a brief period before xscreensaver kicks in. I have not
seen this problem when using light-locker. ...
I can't make out whether I have misconfigured something here, or
whether this is a serious security bug in the current Xfce4 -
xscreensaver integration.

I can't shed any light on the cause, but can report I see the same thing on a non-xfce system. I'm using lightdm and light-locker, then openbox, although am using some xfce utilities.

Usually when booting up a flash of the previous user desktop is shown before the login window. Agreed, this is not desirable at all. The only possible culprit I can think of is xfdesktop4 - can you try booting to a session with that disabled?

--
John