Re: about 10 bullseye installs blows up from brltty

On Fri 18 Feb 2022 at 20:57:28 (-0500), Felix Miata wrote:
> Gene Heskett composed on 2022-02-18 15:38 (UTC-0800):
>
> > I'm on web mail using FF, which does not quote worth a damn. My "usb tree"
> > looks like a weeping willow and contains several devices that answer to serial
> > protocols. Both this keyboard and this mouse are wireless, and speak serial.
> > So how am I supposed to install with no keyboard?
>
> You have lots of keyboards. Aren't any available to be borrowed that connect via
> PS/2 plug or USB cable to get you through a base-install?
>
> I just did:
>
> # aptitude search brlt
> p   brltty
>         - Access software for a blind person using a braille display
> p   brltty-espeak
>         - Access software for a blind person - espeak driver
> p   brltty-flite
>         - Access software for a blind person - Flite speech driver
> p   brltty-speechd
>         - Access software for a blind person - Speech Dispatcher driver
> p   brltty-x11
>
> on 5 different Bullseye installations originally installed via NET media method.
> The result was always the same, no brltty* on any.

Same here. But I think Gene's problem is "caused" by
the presence of brltty_6.3+dfsg-1+deb11u1_amd64.deb
and libbrlapi0.8_6.3+dfsg-1+deb11u1_amd64.deb in the
installer. And I must admit that the only sound I've
ever heard from the installer is the gentle clicks
of floppy disks and the soft whirr of CDs spinning.

Cheers,
David.